Colgate-Palmolive Named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for Second Consecutive Year
The DJSI evaluates 3,400 companies each year and ranks companies on measures of economic, environmental, and social performance.
“Colgate-Palmolive’s inclusion in the prestigious DJSI for yet another year affirms our dedication to promoting strong communities and a healthy planet,” said
Colgate-Palmolive’s sustainability efforts are exemplified by its leadership in water conservation through its Save Water and #EveryDropCounts campaigns, which have already reached nearly three billion people in more than 70 countries. It is a sponsor of the upcoming 2018 Climate Week NYC, a summit of business and policy leaders focused on advancing climate action, and will present on the important role of water conservation in inhibiting climate change.
In communities around the world, Colgate strives to bring healthy smiles to children in need by providing free dental screenings and oral health education through its Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® program. Since its inception, Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® has reached more than 900 million children and their families across 80 countries.
The company believes a sustainable business must be diverse and inclusive. Its efforts to cultivate a diverse culture have been recognized by numerous organizations and publications, including:
- The Human Rights Campaign in its 2018 Corporate Equality Index, which gave the company a perfect score
- 2017 LGBTQ Business Equality Excellence Award
- One of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies for 2018 and 2017
- One of Black EOE Journal’s Top 50 Employers for African Americans
- One of the top 7 most diverse and inclusive companies in the U.S. in Thomson Reuters Diversity & Inclusion Index
- 2017 Working Mother’s 100 Best Companies and Best Companies for Multicultural Women
Colgate-Palmolive’s core values and strategies for continuing its sustainability success are outlined in its Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability Report: Building a Future to Smile About. To learn more, click here to access the company’s latest sustainability report.
Colgate Media Relations
Kaitlyn Mortimer, 212-310-2670
Tweets by @CP_News